Monday, May 23, 2005

I am a Cartoon.

1) In the store that I work at, we have a raised area in the back that you have to walk up a ramp to get at. Today I choreographed a little dance, three of us girls doo-wopping down the ramp to some oldie. The customers were weirded out and the other employees thought it was genius. This is while we were bored and kept going into the back and putting on old, ugly shoes that no one in their right mind would buy so they sit in the stockroom gathering dust.

2) Two nights ago, my friend and I, drunk, decided to hand deliver a note to a friend who had bailed on coming out with us. Problem was, it was pissing rain, 3:3o am, and we didn't know where he lived exactly. So we took her dog and got on our bikes and started riding. Over the bridge out of Vancouver into Kits, her dog pulled her into oncoming traffic, where my friend lay motionless as I frantically tried to lift her up.. Thankfully at 4 am. there is not much bridge traffic... After wandering around in Kits for an hour, it became apparent that we really didn't know where he lived, and sobering up, hand delivering a picture of someone being lynched didn't seem so smart... so on our way home, my friend's dog got sprayed by a skunk, and then we had to go back to her little apartment and share it with a freshly skunked wet dog.

So these are just two little incedences in my oddity-filled life. I have long maintained that my life is like a cartoon show, and I am the lead character. I mean, I am a university educated person. I have done lots of good responsible things, yet I am always embroiled in some weird sort of activity. Ah well.. it all serves to make life more interesting, which brings me to the subject of the tattoo that I am getting...when I manage to rein in my finances and have enough money....four chinese characters. "Ju Jue Ping Yong," or "Refuse to be ordinary."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home