Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Hipp-if-y

I want to be a hippie... I want to stroll around Commercial Drive, Vancouver, or Nelson, BC and wear a long flowy hemp skirt. I want crunchy dreads and a thick string of musky beads around my neck- rattan bag slung low over my shoulder. I want a hand-dyed hair wrap, and to have leg hair that grows free. I want to stroll around in the sun smoking pot with my hippie friends, one who is playing an African drum, and another who strums on his acoustic guitar while we drink fair trade coffee and hang out on a park bench, mid-afternoon. I need to hipp-if-y.

I want to go home at night, light my stick of sandalwood incence, and throw my bag on the second-hand desk covered in a woven fabric from Thailand, rattling the mother-of-pearl wind chime as I head into my small apartment.

I want to be a hippie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home