Saturday, May 07, 2005

Vancouver meeting....

So recently, on a night on the town I happened to meet a man who worked for the BBC, who I ended up talking to all night. We talked about a lot of things, and didn't end up parting ways until around 5 am, when I ran into my friend, and came to the realization that I had been carrying her apartment keys, and she had been locked out for hours.

For me, it is rare to meet someone that I have that much in common with, who I find that fascinating. We seemed to have many of the same interests, travelling, politics, etc. Best of all, he seemed laid back and funny... not in a weird way. He was leaving with some friends on a road trip into the USA the next morning, and we made plans to meet, but being so hungover and terrible feeling, I ended up being too sick to go.

So, that was the end. We had this great connection, and I honestly would have liked to have spent a lot more time together. Instead, as a result of my own thick-headedness, drunkenness, and fate's idea of a cruel joke, I am left to wonder, what might have been. Was that my chance? Or was that fate's way of telling me that there is hope out there to find someone compatible?

Part of me is rather upset, and part of me is nonchalant. There is no reason to dwell on the past, right? But conversely, there is no reason not to wonder......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home