Sunday, September 05, 2004

Searching

It occurs to me that we are all searching for the same thing. No matter how different we think we are from each other, we are all inextricably linked in our search for happiness and fulfillment. What differs is how we go about achieving our goals. Outwardly, I am a very patient person. I don't over react to people, I tend to spend a lot of time making sure that everyone is happy around me, everyone understands what is going on. Inwardly however, I am extremely impatient. When people don't understand things or lack common sense, I get fed up very quickly.

Lately, I have been trying to transfer my outward patience into my internal workings. How so? I attempt to look at each person, and see what they are about. Everyone comes from a different place, and everyone has a different perception of the world. I tend to get annoyed with people and how they act. But, I realize this. So I am making an effort to observe more and judge less. How can I scorn what someone is doing, if it makes them happy? How can I put down what they are doing if it doesn't harm anyone else? That's all anyone can ask for, to make themselves happy. So, I need to keep this kernel of thought in mind more.

Everybody is the same. Everyone wakes up in the morning, and looks in the mirror, starting out the day as themselves. But as the day wears on , people interact, leaving bits and pieces of themselves and taking bits and pieces of others. Nobody asks to be judged, nobody deserves to be told not to pursue happiness. And yet, this is what we do to one another each and every day, day in and day out. Scorning the undertakings of others, looking down upon other people. How would the world function if everyone could be happy?

How indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home