Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Tea Pot

You know when you buy something, and you are just really excited about it? Well, read on then!

A couple of nights ago, my friend managed to drag me out of my house to go to the Richmond Night Market. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, a night market is an Asian market that goes on at night. Many different little stalls are set up selling everything from CD's to underwear to puzzles to food.

I have never been to the night market before, but since I am fascinated by Asian culture, thought I would have a good time. After pushing our way through the throngs of people and browsing our way through a whole bunch of little stalls, my friend and I were hungry. The food was delicious (and cheap). I once again claimed my title as dumpling queen, and inhaled two plates of the delicious porky, vinegary, chivey jiao zi. I sampled whimsical Dragon's Beard candy, once only eaten by emperors in China. I snarfed down a stick of BBQ Vietnamese pork, tofu and a beef pancake roll and washed it all down with papaya bubble tea. Mmmm....Anyways, I am getting off topic here, not intending to talk about the food...

On my way out, I just had to buy a little tea pot that I had spotted on my way in. It was little and had a mesh holder, perfect for brewing up the loose leaf jasmine tea that I thought I had at home. It was so cute, and only $3! Just right for me. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get home and make myself a pot of tea.

Alas, it was not to be. Once I came home, I realized that someone in my house had unwittingly thrown out my nice jasmine tea. I was heartbroken. I know at this point, if you are still reading this strange and rambling post, you are thinking "Well, let's not over react over TEA." But I had just set my mind that I was GOING to have that tea.

Blah blah blah, several days later, someone bought me some tea as to stop my incessant whining about the missing tea. But it just wasn't the same. Just wasn't the same....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home