Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Public Sleeping

Today I viewed a window of what my semester will be like. I had to be up on campus early, in order to go to the bookstore before it closed to buy the rest of my texts. Anyways, that created a slight problem because I was at school by 3:00 pm, but didn't have rugby practice until 6:30.

Since my bag (filled with my work uniform, change of clothes, rugby gear, textbooks, water and dinner) was extremely heavy, I was too lazy to find a building with couches to lie on, I cozied up on a flat metal bench. Using my ballooning bag as a pillow, I had a great nap.

And I came to the epiphanal (is that a word?) realization. I can sleep anywhere. I can sleep with people walking by, I can sleep on hard metal surfaces, I can sleep ANYWHERE! And I didn't even snore! This is a breakthrough! Normally I am too scared to sleep on campus because I fear that I will break into snoring, but not today! I can just imagine what the rest of my semester will be like. No more nodding off in class, no more walking-zombie days. I have mastered the art of public sleeping, and I will ride that pony as far as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home