Friday, August 13, 2004

Job Hunting, The Saga Begins...

Today, if you've been reading my blog, I actually went and handed out resumes at the mall. At first, I wasn't going to go. Then I thought about the amount of money actually in my bank account versus the amount of things I have to buy for back to school, and I came to the conclusion that I have to work.

Finally, I got to the mall, cut a path across the parking lot in the sweltering heat, and broke into the air conditioned mall. Immediately, I wanted to turn around and leave, seeing all the customers wandering around chatting amiably with friends, parcels in hand. I walked past the stores, and after peering inside each one, walked on past with a queasy feeling. Every time, I thought to myself, "I really should go in there and give them my resume," and then "I don't have to do this.. I will just go back home."

After about 15 minutes of waffling back and forth, between staying and leaving, I finally bit the bullet and went into the first store. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid to approach people and inquire about work. That part was fine. It was the prospect of working in retail sales again that was turning my stomach.

From that point on, the next hour rushed by in a whirl of handed out resumes, talking to friendly sales associates, and even filling out an idiotic questionnaire, a sampling of the questions read: "How many times have you taken something small from a store without paying? In grade 8, where did you and your friends hang out? How many times did you smoke in high school?" What were they trying to find out? Honestly!

Anyways, I am actually excited about going back to work. Well, not actually going back to work, but getting paid for my time. My big plans just can't materialize unless some benjamins are backing them. I think it's time for me to become a functioning member of society again, instead of a cancerous drain.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger larrykim said...

hey, i may have a job for you. i am willing to pay, lets see... twenty dollars per article. okay, here is the deal. i have a website and a fan club (by the way, i started the fan club myself due to lack of interests), anyhoo, i post a monthly newsletters. recently, one of my reporter (okay, only reporter) quit. well, actually she didn't quit because she never got paid. anyway, now i have some money coming into my business, i am willing to pay for a reporter.

are you interested? you can write from your own computer and email me the report. i have 6 newsletter issues so far, i need to make one for august. anyway, i can send you a check or cash if you prefer via mail.

you will have to fill out the questionaire if you are interested though... hehehe

if you are interested, check out my website

www.larrykim.net

and click on all the newsletters to see what it's about.
you can email me if you want to be a (well, i guess it should be the) reporter for my newsletter.

P.S. also, by selling my tshirts for me, you can keep $2 per tshirt sale. more money making opportunity without actually having to work. what a deal for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home