Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Animal Dreams

If I were an animal in another life, I think I would like to have been a big predatory cat. In fact, maybe I was a cat. The idea of lying around all day, hanging lazily from trees on the savannah, appeals to me. Imagine, sleeping 22 hours out of the day, waking up for a quick hunt, then going back to sleep. Lately, my house cat Tommy and I have been converging in our daily roles. He lies like a lump on the coffee table (his new perch-of-the-week), occasionally rolling over, stretching, or uttering a muffled meow. And I lie like a lump on the adjacent couch, occasionally rolling over, stretching, or uttering a muffled meow. (Now maybe you think this strange, but I am honing my cat impersonation skills-I already have my sister fooled.)

Anyways, cat it would be. Or shark. Cruising around in the deep blue ocean would be great. Hunting little fish and seals, and not having to fear anything except for the limby-paleys that come from the surface. I would have been a sleek blue shark, a battle-scarred great white, or let's face it, probably one of the slow lazy varieties like a basking shark. If I was a shark, it would be kind of neat to scare people. I would cruise in through swimmers with my fin just above the water, and bump my nose into their legs. Just think of the stories they would have to tell "One time, this shark bumped into me, but didn't attack! I was so lucky!" and think of the laugh I would have as they ran out of the water in fear.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger larrykim said...

i think if i was an animal i would be a red-assed baboon. have you ever seen those? i don't understand why they have such bright red butts. okay, let's look at sharks. i mean they have stream line aerodynamic shape and skin that allows them to swim quickly, and strong jaw and teeth to bite off just about anything. why does a baboon need a bright red butt? i just do not understand.

look at cats, they have sharp eyes, strong hind legs, they are quick and nimble so they can catch their small prey moving as fast as lightening. so, why does a baboon need a red butt? it just does not make any sense. did evolution just miss them completely? they are just funny looking. there is no way around it. maybe it's their defense mechanism. a lion, or a tiger sees the bright red butt, and just start laughing and forgets to catch him and eat him. just a thought...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home