Friday, August 13, 2004

Stay a Memory

Young, they are
Young boy in paint stained pants, with beaten lunch box
Steel-toed, scuffed boots pale in the summer sun
With brownish white tank top, against brownish white skin,
On the bus coming home after twelve hours, he says
Why don't you ever call me, he says,
Where do you work, he says
Have you been keeping busy?
Elusive, with an aloof glint in her brown eyes,
Swinging shining brown hair over brown shoulders,
She evades his questions,
Young, straight out of highschool
Feel free to call me, he says
She non-commitally promises to
And both of them know, that she won't
Ever
Pick up the phone and dial his number,
And when she sees him at the bus stop, 2 months down the road,
She will turn to her friend, and giggle
Avoiding his eyes.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger larrykim said...

day in the life of a homeless poet

you, walking by quickly
me, sitting with a sign
you, look away in fear
me, yo give me some change ho
you, start walking faster
me, go hungry one more day
you, glad to get away from the smell
me, dream of sweet smell of your perfume

sometimes, i have no idea what the heck i am talking about. i sometimes really scare myself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home