Thursday, November 09, 2006

Books I'd Recommend

So if anyone is reading this, you're probably wondering "why should I take this random blogger's advice about what books to read?"

And I'd respond to that with "Good point." But I do read A LOT (okay I'm unemployed right now and averaging about 3-4 novels a week)... and here are some of the books that actually made me stop and think, or affected me in a larger way than a book normally does... for different reasons. Read on!

A Fine Balance, Rohinton Mistry
The Beach, Alex Garland
Oryx and Crake, Margaret Atwood
The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
The Dharma Bums, Jack Kerouac
A Million Little Pieces, James Frey (so he lied about it being all true... still a good book)
Mercy Among the Children, David Adams Richards
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
The Skeptical Environmentalist, Bjorn Lomborg
The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress, Susan Jane Gilman
The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge, Carlos Castaneda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home